Dental implants are part of dental surgery, thus need lot of care to enhance the reliability of dental implant and to keep your oral health well and good. While you have dental implants, your dentist is sure to advice in taking care of your newly dental implant and ways to maintain your oral health. However having tips related to taking care of your dental implant and oral health from people already enjoying successful dental implant after surgery boost your confidence to follow the tips.
Here are some useful hints to take care of dental implants:
- After the surgery:
- It will best to take rest for few hours and let other person drive your vehicle.
- While blood oozes, best to keep gauze sponges on the operated part of mouth. The blood will cease to come out. Don’t rinse your mouth for few hours. While there is continue blood flow even after an hour, best to contact dentist.
- Take prescribed pain killers if the pain is intense otherwise any mild pain and numbness in the operated region will subside in few hours.
- You may feel your face have swollen on the side dental implant has been done for few days. In few days it will completely reduce while the surgery spot heals. You can keep ice pack to reduce the swelling of face.
- You can eat soft cold food stuff after an hour. It will be best to stay away from beverages, hot food and oily food for few days.
- Usage of straw to drink juices isn’t advisable for few days.
- Make sure to eat prescribed antibiotics for wading away infections.
- You may feel bruises for few days, not to worry as it will heal fast in few days.
- While you are using dentures best to take them out at night hours to safeguard against them spoiling the healing process on the surgery spot.
- No worries over the stitching as they will be quite alright after a week while take proper care of your dental health.
- The right ways to clean dental implants:
- It will be beneficial to use mild hot water mixed with salt to gargle after the bleeding subsides. This will help to remove the blood remaining in mouth.
- You can clean your teeth in normal way after twenty four hours and if you aren’t feeling any pain. You need to clean by using soft bristle brush, good quality toothpaste and flossing with non waxed tape or floss or floss threader available in pharmaceutical stores will be good to floss. It will be helpful to use non alcoholic mouth wash for rinsing your mouth daily.
- You can use rubber tipped stimulators to clean your gums in every few days.
You can recover fast from surgery of dental implants in Canberra by taking ample care of your oral health. Act as directed by your dentist for few weeks and don’t miss your visits to dental office. Within weeks you will have perfect oral health not worrying about troubling teeth.